Franking - How to Submit a New Request
The Initial Request
You must submit to the Franking Commission the following 2 forms and 1 copy of your communication (Dem offices may drop off in 1307 LHOB or fax to 202.225.7664):
- Advisory Opinion Request Form
- Member Office Franking Certification Form - (signed by your Staff contact)
- One copy of the communication you wish to submit (phone script, e-mail, advertisement, etc.) as the constituent will view it.
Your Staff Contact will be notified by the Commission Staff within 3 business days as to whether your request has been deemed Frankable or if Revisions need to be made.
Note: All revisions must be submitted and reprocessed before you can distribute the communication
Once you recieve your Preliminary Approval e-mail from the Commission, you may distribute your communication.
Final Approval (Receipt of your Advisory Opinion)
You must finalize all requests submitted to the Franking Commission. Once your staff contact for the request receives a Preliminary Approval e-mail you must then provide the Franking Commission:
- 4 original copies of the communication as it was distributed for an Advisory Opinion (Final Approval)
- 2 copies of the postage statement form (only if the request was a hard copy mailer)